About Me

My photo
The Lord has recently brought into my life some wonderful people intent on supporting healing of the past. I am so inspired! I started this blog so I would have a place where I can write, put out scriptures, and thoughts. It will be for anyone, based on healing, wholeness, victory, freedom in Christ, and the list goes on and on. I will be adding stories and that kind of thing to help and encourage. I would like to add phone contact info on the blog so if anyone needs further areas to look they can find it. If you would like to have your information published here, please contact me; Words2Bless@hotmail.com ~~Leola

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

THIRSTY FOR GOD

Psalm 63: 1-7 "O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee; my soul thirsts for thee, my flesh longs for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is. (vs. 1) A popular soft drink company once claimed that its product "deeply satisfies." That may be true as far as beverages are concerned; but God, and God alone, satisfies our spiritual thirst. David recognized this truth during two turbulent periods in his life; once when he hid in the Judean wilderness after fleeing from Saul and later when he was forced to flee Jerusalem after Absalom's revolt. David knew the lack of water and the difficult terrain made the wilderness a place of trial and testing. But instead of thirsting for water, David longed for God. He used physical imagery to describe his desire to see God's power and glory, just as he had seen it in the sanctuary. God's loving-kindness would satisfy his soul. As a result, David could lift up his hands and rejoice in praise. Even in the wilderness, David could find comfort and satisfaction in the shadow of His wings. Both early in the morning and late at night, David meditated on the Lord. God alone satisfies our spiritual thirst. At all times God is faithful. (excerpt from Open Windows). So what about you? Are you thirsty for God? Will you go through trial and testing and still "long for God?" I pray that is true of all of you who take the time to read this blog. May He be your All in All. May He be the one to satisfy your soul. May He be the one to guide, protect, and encourage you along your spiritual path.

No comments:

Post a Comment