About Me

My photo
The Lord has recently brought into my life some wonderful people intent on supporting healing of the past. I am so inspired! I started this blog so I would have a place where I can write, put out scriptures, and thoughts. It will be for anyone, based on healing, wholeness, victory, freedom in Christ, and the list goes on and on. I will be adding stories and that kind of thing to help and encourage. I would like to add phone contact info on the blog so if anyone needs further areas to look they can find it. If you would like to have your information published here, please contact me; Words2Bless@hotmail.com ~~Leola

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Many ways of Worship; Have you found a way to express how much you love your Lord?

I have been learning a new way to worship. Several years ago I went on a Ladies Retreat and observed an awesome woman doing sign language to the music. I was fascinated as we (my husband and I ) had done interpretive dance in the past and it tugged at my hearts strings to go back and visit that experience. I remembered how closer to God I felt while doing this type of worship. In order to "sign" a song, I had to first learn the words to the song. Then I needed to look up the word in ASL so that I would be interpreting it correctly. As I struggled to learn the song and add this next dimension I found that great joy was to be had. I learned a new way to express each word as I put the knowledge into the music. Sometimes I could not find the word in the ASL Dictionary and so I would go to a thesaurus to find a word that had the same meaning as the one I was attempting to sign. Sometimes as in "sovereign" there would not be a sign. But it means "authority, power, one and only one". This would cause me to be able to sign a word with the same meaning. As I continued on with each verse, each chorus, I found myself enjoying the song more and more as I learned a deeper level of understanding of the writers words. I would encourage you, who want a deeper worship experience, to find an avenue, a way, to liberate you; to cause you to "dig" into the words of a song, the words of a verse of Scripture and really find out the meaning for your daily walk. As you seek His way and His will in your life may you be drawn ever closer to His heart. I believe that music is very much an expression of the heart of God. May you begin a new expression, even today, of your love for your Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment