About Me

My photo
The Lord has recently brought into my life some wonderful people intent on supporting healing of the past. I am so inspired! I started this blog so I would have a place where I can write, put out scriptures, and thoughts. It will be for anyone, based on healing, wholeness, victory, freedom in Christ, and the list goes on and on. I will be adding stories and that kind of thing to help and encourage. I would like to add phone contact info on the blog so if anyone needs further areas to look they can find it. If you would like to have your information published here, please contact me; Words2Bless@hotmail.com ~~Leola

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Who Is My Neighbor?


Scripture - Luke 10:30-37
Three common types of people reflected in this passage;
A.   What’s yours is mine - Robbers
B.    What’s mine is mine - Levi/Priest
C.    What’s mine is yours - Samaritan
Four truths brought out in these verses;
1.     Pay attention to hurting people.
2.     Pay attention to the Holy Spirit who leads you to people in need, to help them:  Get involved with their lives, this involves time to “hear from them”.
3.     Show mercy, compassion, empathy.
4.     Share your resources.

This passage started out with the question:  WHO IS MY NEIGHBOR?
            Friends, relatives, coworkers and someone CLOSE TO YOU EMOTIONALLY,
11 Cor. 1:3-5.  Where you have been, you can help others. 
            Every Christian can impact their world, ONE PERSON AT A TIME.  Every church can help many people through their members. 
            Hurting people in need can be helped by individual Christians and Churches.

WHERE DO YOU GET STARTED ?  Psalms 139:23-24 (questions for reflection)
1.     Do you intentionally help hurting people in Jesus name?
2.     Are you inclined to get involved in people’s lives or keep them at a distance?
3.     Do you talk yourself out of helping people in need?
4.     Are you willing to invest/commit time to help hurting people?
5.     Are you willing to share your resources with the needy?
6.     Are you willing to build friendships with hurting people in need?
7.     Are you more merciful or judgmental?
8.     Are you more like the religious leaders in the parable or like the Good Samaritan?

I pray that this prayer might be one each of us can honestly and openly pray to the Father:
Lord Jesus, thank you for your continual ministry to help me.  Help me to seek  out someone in need and get involved with their life.  Lead me to share or minister and make a difference in their life.  I give my talents, my resources, my availability and my total being to You.  Please use me as your instrument to touch hurting lives.  In Jesus Name, Amen.







2 comments:

  1. Awesome food for thought Leola. So many times we get too comfortable in our own lives and forget there are hurting people all around us. Thank you for the reminder. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would hope that we never get too comfortable that we forget. Most of us have been there before. It is our time to be the encourager. The one to help out the neighbor.

    ReplyDelete